The power of being a provider

Every year when harvest season starts I am reminded of the power of being a primary provider; not a provider of rectangular pieces of paper, but of the things that are traded for those pieces of paper. The things of intrinsic value, which ironically are not hardly valued at all in the presence of the supernormal stimuli of the Industrial Flavoring and Packaging Complex.

There’s a lot of Americans who are quite simply looking forward to the end of large corporations franchising and monopolizing larger and larger swathes of the economy, or giving it away to foreigners.

The reason gardening is such a good place to get started is that it is the point of production. If you can produce in a market where it’s profitable to you, you can organize with other farmers to have our own stores, rather than letting the You Know Who be our eternal Mittelmenschen, or havign them give it to Hindus and Paks rather than let us have it.

WE have to say, “fuck you, the market for food for White people is going to be dominated by White people and profitted by White people.” THere’s still 200 million of us or so around in this country, after all.

Producers can decide to whom to sell, so we already have the point of production advantage, the source advantage. And we can be doing what is most profitable, wehtehr its tobacco or fiber or feedstock for booze. Vice farming in turn capitalizes food farming, rather than loans. Why should farmers take loans? Fuck the banks,and fuck the middlemen and tax men. Producers should keep the wealth they produce, and decide how to dispose of it, and in disposing of this wealth, deciding how to shape society.

Primary providers understand that it is necessary to bring back Folkish Norms of behavior, our natural way of being rather than the artificial Judeo-Christianity-Liberalism social engineering. Our species being, our natural way of life, is violated by these artifiical Jewish norms of poitical correctness.

If we seize the economic niches from the mittelmenschen, then we can shape the culture as we see fit, and turn off the sewer pipe of Hollywood forever, or at least for 1000 years or so.

The middlemen are shaping society, the people who make money for no work, not the producers, are dictating the culture.

It’s magical feeling to be a producer, a primary provider. You get a sense of “this is what real power is.” Here’s from 5 minutes in the bean rows:

String beans

String beans

People are going to figure this out sooner or later, and when they do, it will be a huge economic and social revolution.

19 Responses to The power of being a provider

1. Vegetable growers will get all the girlz when shtf.

2. bluegrass says:

Hey MW, I’m already harvesting some of my first Garden: its only about 20×20, with four raised beds, but I’m already regretting not planting more when I had the chance.

Is there things I can do to prep a Garden for next year? Like, make raised beds, give it the soil and compost, but only plant flowers, peppers or herbs or something? Would that make good, even soil for heavy planting next year?

Anyways, about to finish my Chicken Coop this week that I’m making out of an old corn crib: its gonna be a dang fancy Chicken Coop! I’ll send some pics in, since I love this WN farming scene you’re making!

What part of the country are you in? Collect leaves and horse manure and make a big pile and lime it and let it sit through the winter, and in the spring, cover it with the rotted leaves/horse manure combo.

• bluegrass says:

I live in Western NC atm, about an hour outside Asheville.

Winters and Summers here are very mild, but the problem here is we can get a lot of rain that will rot our plants if you don’t plant right.

my neighbor’s corn crop is already ruined.

go for potatoes, tomatoes, cabbage, kale, beans and do succeession planting. Start stuff at different times of the season, have seedlings ready to go at different phases of the season, not just the beginning. Try lentiles, they are very hardy and a good staple crop as I said.

• Tom Bowie says:

Some people plant what’s often called Green Manure in the fall after the garden is finished.

And/Or

Almost anything organic that decomposes will enrich the soil in some way. Things you’d never even think of can aid in mulching. I tend to mulch just about everything possible. Some things break down much faster than others and that should be taken into account as well. Manure from a herbivore break down much faster than that of a carnivore.

When I started my garden a few years back I knew the soil was some of the poorest I’d ever seen and it appeared to have been used to exhaustion. I was pressed for time when I made the decision to plant and got a couple bags of commercial mulch/manure/compost mix and worked it into most of the area I had for planting. I planted a couple of tomato plants in the small area that was untreated and they shrank over two inches; I was keeping a chart on progress so I know they shrank before they wilted and died. I’ve not purchased anything other than some small bags of lime since then and been able to not only improve the quality of the soil but the amount of rich soil available each year.

Wood Ash contains Lime and Potassium as well as other trace elements that be helpful. Wood Ash is also rather Alkaline and if your soil is Acidic it can help balance it out.

Then there’s something else that is rather Acidic and can balance out your soil if it’s Alkaline.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/cambridgeshire/8357134.stm You’ll find fierce debate over this practice and I’ll let each decide for themselves. I tend to fall in the middle as I’d not open the process up and invite others to assist and I’d discontinue the process well before I add the mulch for my garden.

Here’s a guy who combines the two processes. He has managed to accelerate the process but I’m not sure I like the bucket approach and tend more toward the pile myself for more than just the obvious reason; if the temperature gets above 160 degrees the microbes breaking down the materials may die off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRAaAkfirRU&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL Despite the fact that the two processes balance each other out there are other issues. Urine contains salt and adding to much salt can have negative effects.

Every gardening site will have a wealth of opinion on this as well as harsh words exchanged over those points of view.

Like with most things I recommend that others do a bit of research and decide for themselves.

3. The secondary benefit of local farmer’s markets was a base to start forming a more complex local economy and a “grey market,” based on bartering, cash, direct trading favors, sharing resources etc.

Other than agriculture, and perhaps crafts, what other primary production can be done at the local householder level? We may as well take advantage of cheap imports while we can, but we need to start building that local production infrastructure for when the imports are no longer cheap.

There’s a series of books out there about “bootstrapping” a metal shop from scratch (all low tech) you would just need a supply of ore. 3-D printers and other computer control manufacturing makes complex production possibly on a local level for the first time, but all that is still in its infancy.

I’ve seen some amazing textile machines that can churn out yards of fabric, yet small enough to fit in a typical workshop.

A culture of producing and manufacturing your own food, clothing, furniture, household items, along with a “tool library,” car pooling/taxi service, is well within people’s reach right now, hipsters in Portland already do much of it.

Right now it’s still cheaper to get everything at Walmart, but we can build the infrastructure now for sustainable local agriculture and manufacturing. MW and others have already proven it can be done for ag, we need some model for manufacturing now.

Hipster,

Booze and tobacco.

• If you had told me a few years ago how many times I’d be offered moonshine by hipsters and rednecks (it’s an overlapping demographic in certain circles) I wouldn’t have believed you.

Still though I want to move onto manufacturing more complex than a craft level. Biofuel as mentioned by PF (I think) in another thread seems very interesting.

I’ve harped on this since the OD days: the most effective legal, official organization a group of white men could start that facilitates just about every thing you’ve talked about resource-sharing wise, is the standard American independent church.

The content of the religion itself makes no difference. What matters is that it’s tax free, has a huge body of legal precedent saying the government has to stay out of your business, is totally normal, mainstream, non threatening, and accepted in every state in every county from small hamlet to metropolis. This is the (physical) local community institution that facilitates everything from your car pooling, to organizing volunteers for the community garden, to the local Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts, to the church school (church school is just a group of homeschooling families cooperating and sharing resources) and just about everything else that is not blatantly political or commercial. This model of organization is like free money just waiting for people to pick it up.

I agree. Chuck Baldwin has something like this going on in Kalispell. Right now the rest of us are too scattred about the country to do this, and most Americans are too busy with their own stuff.

The institutions, the establishments, that have the Paychecks, keep people busy. When people no longer can get Paychex from the large anti-white establishments and institutions, they’ll have to make local institutions again. And it makes sense that these local institutions will be based out of churches. Problem is, people expect some kind of religion from churches, and religion divides people. On the other hand, we don’t want to be Unitarians, “come one come all” types.

Perhaps our Masonic style eugenics organization will use a church building, or a Mason or Lions Club Hall.

4. ContemplativeMorrigan says:

I think the first thing I’m gonna do when I get to school at the end of the month is try to mingle with the people in the “green living” dormitory. Hopefully there will be some people with farming/gardening experience there who know a bit about local food markets, or at the very least are well-versed in the best seasonal crops to grow in this climate. Unfortunately, my school doesn’t have any chemistry or agricultural science departments, so my networking options are limited in this respect.

5. Peak Finance says:

It would be cool if we could all post our skill sets!

Here is what I am working on and where I am at right now:

Raising Chickens – Very good, I can fix common birth problems like splay, and diagnose basic health problems, and I don’t know why but I just love the little guys 🙂

Butchering – Basic to intermediate Skill – Can do chickens, turkeys, ducks, can most likely do deer, goats and hogs easily enough if I have to. Just the fact that I have the stomach for this is a big plus. Yes, I say a prayer for every animal killed. I prefer the muslim methods for slaughter, I feel they produce better tasting meat. This basically means hanging the meat and getting as much blood out of the meat as possible.

Ethanol for Fuel – Basic, but this is very easy. At 3x you are going to have dry ethanol, and you don’t have to worry about the heads. The REAL challenge is Ethanol for human consumption, if you don’t know EXACTLY what you are doing, you can poison your customers!

Energy-Construction – Intermediate – I have actually built a highly efficient house that requires little energy to cool in summers. framed the entire house in 2×8’s and filled the void with foam, use TJI’s for this roof rafters with form filling the void between each. Know about insulation, r-values, codes, hurricane construction, etc.

Hunting – Basic – Know basic small game trapping, and large game hunting, know how to hunt gator, I just don’t get an opportunity to do this.

That’s what I am best at, I am also working on making Biodiesel, Soap, Solar-generation, small engine repair, and will work on farming skills soon. I will most likely focus on making various fuels and soap though. Untimely though it depends on what the community I am living in needs at the time.

Excellent, PF! I wish you were in my area, I would like to learn some of those things.

• Tom Bowie says:

I’d be hard pressed to list my skills as I’m not fully sure sometimes what qualifies. I’m a bit rusty on quite a few but I still remember the basics. Other things I have a partial knowledge of as they were useful to something else.

CPTED (Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design) It can be translated into other things with a bit of adaptation.

Fishing with and Making old style nets; Fyke Net http://glei.nrri.umn.edu/default/fykenet.htm Hoop Nets http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=hoop+nets&qpvt=hoop+nets&FORM=IGRE Pound Nets http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pound+nets+pictures&qpvt=pound+nets+pictures&FORM=IGRE and more kinds of nets.

Turtle Traps, Eel Pots (Splint and Modern), Crab Traps (Wood and Modern), and more kinds of Traps/Pots.

Trapping; Marsh and Swamp, Woods= Just about everything and stretching/cleaning the hides.

Moonshine Making; and using the Still can be used to operate a wood steam box used to bend/reshape wood (just change a few parts).

A bit of stone knapping and wood whittling, cord braiding and rope splicing. using a grubbing hoe (only some of the older style heads will do) to work logs/plane logs and notch them.

When I was younger I could toss a Spear or Dart (Not toy darts ,2 to 4 foot type), bring down birds with a 1/3 circle like thing I made (it kind of worked like a boomerang), Sword/Mace/Axe/Knife fighting, I could hit what I aimed at with a Bow but lacked the precession with it that I had with tossed stuff. Even now I’d wager I could outdo most except with a full-sized Spear, it’s a bit heavy for me to get distance with it anymore. While I could make crude weapons, a fellow I grew up with is an expert Blade-Smith.

That’s a sampling of what I’ve learned how to do but I’m a bit long in the tooth in part worn to make full use of any of it. I’m basically what would be called a Low/Unskilled Worker for employment purposes.

I live in the modern world but I’m not really a part of it.

6. Mosin Nagant says:

This is your most recent article specifically on gardening that came up using ‘search’, so I’ll place the comment here: .

It doesn’t cost, it PAYS to keep your future seed supply frozen at all times. The best seed is very expensive (of course a little less expensive when you buy in large quantity) and perishable. Some food crop species begin to lose germination potential after just a few months (beware of ‘primed’, partially per-germinated seed, and pelletised and treated seed) though others last ten years or more when kept dry at normal room temperature — and you can’t tell how old seed is when you purchase it by the year it was ‘packed for’ or even the germination test record. But FROZEN seed even of short-lived species maintains its germination potential for decades.

If you don’t have freezer space, the next best situation is the coolest dry place possible. Never allow the seed to absorb moisture or experience high humidity until you sow it. Silica gel pellets, which should have cobalt colour indicator to show they are really dry and when they become saturated, insure the necessary dryness inside sealed containers. But most legume seeds including beans and peas shouldn’t be keep EXTREMELY dry, so use only a little silica gel in their containers.

I’ve also kept green plants, with roots, alive for years using frozen storage (doesn’t work with tropicals of course) and here’s an example in nature: http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2014/03/18/Researchers-revive-1500-year-old-moss/UPI-38591395169487/