1. Emotional intelligence — getting along with each other. Making friendships last and marriages last and getting along well with siblings and parents and children. and teaching young White men how to appropriately behave towards young White women. Our women want us to take the lead, rather than being namby pamby wimps who want women to tell us what to do. For many young White men, this is something that needs to be taught explicitly as their fathers, if they had one, didn’t teach it to them. Emotional intelligence can be learned systematically, there’s books and youtubes, and those of us who possess it need to coach those who do not.

2. Save money in the form of gold and silver coins. Gold and silver are secret wealth, and they hold value in ways that paper dollars might not. THey are also portable.

3. To stop eating packaged foods. The scientific reason for obesity is additive and preservative chemicals. The increasing addition of food additives and preservatives correlates perfectly with the increase in obesity. We have to eat meat, fruit and vegetables and cut out grains and processed anything.

4. To own convenience stores, liquor stores and taxi cab companies. These niches are being filled and filled and filled by people from East Asia and the Middle East. We have to compete for these niches aggressively, instead of leaving them uncontested. Moreover, those of us who gain these businesses should sponsor Little League baseball, Pop Warner football, and participate in community cleanups and community festivals. The foreign owned businesses do not sponsor little leagues or do anything for their local community. They just suck out money.

5. Just as food additives are the cause of obesity, video game addiction is a substitute for the rush of mathematical and scientific knowledge and inquiry. Those kids who are addicted to video games are the ones that would have been inventing the car or the refrigerator or the transistor. What if Thomas Edison had grown up with video games available to him? He would likely have never invented anything.

Keep boys away from video games, but do teach them math and science and give them ample opportunities to take things apart and hopefully put them back together and fabricate stuff from wood and metal and rubber. Parents need to either hire tutors or know math themselves. And you must use whatever motivation available — all privileges and stuff they want, they only get if they study math for 2 hours on Saturday and 2 hours on Sunday during the school year and 1 hour a day during vacations. The goal should be the boy should reach advanced calculus — differential equations and multivariable, by the time he’s finishing high school.

Mathematics training will make their brains very powerful — very good businessmen, very good at thinking things through. Mathematics gives you a manly brain the way weight lifting gives you a manly body. Combine a developed mathematical mind with emotional intelligence and you have a very powerful person.

I have distilled it down to these 4 things. You can be involved in at least 2 of them. Better food and emotional intelligence is something we can all take part in. But I would also urge you to consider taking up math for fun, because it IS fun once you get into it. It’s like a video game addiciton that’s actually good for you, and good for those around you. You will think better from doing math — it’s a cognitive enhancement tool.

35 Responses to The Five Things we need to do the most for ourselves and our people in 2013 (edited to add one more)

1. fnn says:

Former paleo PCR has to leave out the worst crimes (I suppose) because he now has mostly a left-wing audience:

2. WhiteGenY says:

You forgot learning foreign languages.

WhiteGenY,

that’s a lower priority, and can only be done if you live neaer native speakers who are willing to talk to you.

• clytemnestra57 says:

I would strongly suggest taking some courses in Social Psychology.

If anyone does, they will find out that, from the fifties through the eighties, and maybe, beyond, this country was used as a giant laboratory by our government and the Franklin School to learn how to control behavior. Some of the experiments they were allowed to get away with during a more naïve time were mind-boggling. Still, they come up with some very accurate results about what makes people tick and how to manipulate them.

• oogenhand says:

Or develop your own languages…

3. oogaboogaman says:

Great post as usual MW. I know you’ve been in the programming field, can you recommend any good programming books for a neophyte. Also, do you know any good Physics textbooks?

4. Ryu says:

I’m interested in 1 and 4, emotional IQ and business ownership. WNs need to make money. I’d say most of us spend at least 8 hours a day chasing the dollar. Obviously we spend more time making $ than doing WN.

I think its better to focus on one or two rather than trying to do everything. No one can do everything at 100% all the time.

5. Mighty says:

I reached business calc in college, but it’s been so long I vaguely remember it. What course of action do you recommend I take? I suppose start from the bottom and work my way up again.

I’ve always been fascinated with the mathematical explanations of the space and time, perhaps I should chart a course toward intro physics.

I’d say get a calc textbook and a matching student solutions manual. Be careful, they play with the editions to make it difficult to get a used book and matching solutions manual. I like the Briggs Cochran book/manual, or Stewart. Jump right into calculus, and any algebra you dont’ know, there’s reviews in the books and reviews on youtube. Comment here if you get stuck on something. Getting stuck means seeing how they worked something out, but not understanding how they went from one step to the next one, what rules they used. Often if you write it out yourself and see it in your own handwriting, you figure it out. It’s actually very good when you sit and concentrate on it yourself and the answer comes to you. I’m getting that more and more, and I have to ask for help less and less.

6. aryangoddess says:

MW, I have the emotional IQ.

I rarely eat processed foods. I eat meat, fruits and veggies. I do like rice, potatoes, black beans, white beans as carbs. I find it hard to get artichokes like I did in CA.

I bought a juicer a few days ago. I’ve been making carrot juice in the mornings. Going to seek out local farmers to buy larger volume of carrots.

To me fitness goes hand in hand with eating. Now that I’m in my 50’s I have serious joint aches from beating myself up at the gym and home workouts. All those years of running, teaching intense yoga classes have taken their toll. Must now do more Iyengar yoga and take fish oil and glucosamine.

I’m with Ryu on the money thing. My thing is buying land. Tax sales in many states are a pain. I’m now studying probate sales to buy cheap property. That and put everything into a LLC.

Juicing is very good for you. You can raise black soldier flies on the pulp. Get a biopod from biopod.com and barter the BSF larvae to chicken farmers in exchange for eggs, and sell the larvae to independent pet stores that deal in reptiles.

Iyengar yoga is the best style of yoga in my opinion. By the way, you cna find very good yoga routines on youtube these days. My favorite is Claire Missingham, especially her backbend video.

• Mr. Rational says:

I’ve read that juicing dramatically raises the glycemic index of vegetables.  Use at your own risk.

• Clytemnestra says:

aryangoddess:

I am also in my fifties and I don’t take glucosamine, but I have found that taking magnesium and cod liver oil capsules give a lot of relief to my bones and joints. I also highly recommend the swimming pool even if you aren’t a good swimmer. Wading around in chest-high water does wonders for your body. I have seen people who have been barely able to walk at all be helped by the pool. And it’s so relaxing. You work out a lot of stress and you sleep like a baby when you get home.

• aryangoddess says:

Cly, that’s good to know about supplements. I’m going to look at those products today. When I taught yoga I had access to the gym for free. I took aqua aerobics once a week. Even that little amount made me sleep like a baby. I spoke to one gal there who told me a combo of Iyengar yoga and aqua aerobics completely transformed her body. When I take saunas and sit in the jacuzzi it instantly makes me feel like a queen.

• I have a lot of joint pain too and I have never been big on working out. AG, I wonder if your joint pain (and mine) is caused by something else. A nutritional deficiency of some sort maybe?

• aryangoddess says:

My joint aches started in 1997. Found out later CA was the recipient of mass chemtrail and geo-engineering. Many people I know think it had a hand in el nino that year. I’m also looking at
        purchasing orgone. I’m at the tail end of a parasite cleanse I made myself out of wormwood, black walnut and cloves steeped in 100 proof vodka. That is helping a great deal. There is a lady named Hannah Kroeger who has a small book about parasites I live by.

• Clytemnestra says:

Maureen, have you tried cinnamon pills? I always had food issues. It was easier to fast than to push away from the table once I started and I always felt like a slug when all was said and done. As I aged, I was having trouble absorbing vitamins. But when I tried taking some cinnamon pills with chromium I got from Walmart, I not only was satisfied enough to push away from the table, I felt energized and alert. Within a week or two, my hair seemed shinier and my nails weren’t so brittle.

Again, I highly recommend dosing yourself with magnesium tablets with a chaser of cod liver oil pills, but turmeric is also a great pain reliever (and fights cancer cells). All three of these items are a lot cheaper than the MSM chondroitin tablets, too.

I’m going to try those cinnamon pills too. I read somewhere that cinnamon is very good for you, but the stuff they sell as flavoring is fake.

7. Aaron says:

Keep boys away from video games, but do teach them math and science

Not a single mention of team sports is kind of incredible when talking about boys. I think you’re way overemphasizing academics, which is a very common sentiment. Academic ability is “nice” but pound for pound is an order of magnitude less valuable than social and athletic abilities. Those are the only two areas that matter and they are developed by playing sports. Whatever your political ideal, it won’t matter at all if its only shared by people with zero credibility and influence.

8. Reblogged this on Aryan Street and commented:
    This is a good list.
    The hardest part for me is staying motivated. I only work part time so I should spend my free time working on this list or learning more about the business I’m in, so I can advance. But instead, I fritter my time away doing….I don’t know what. Errands and socializing I guess. I would be very interested to hear ideas on how to motivate oneself. Horrifying visions of myself begging the the street don’t do anything for me, I’ve tried.

Study brain chemistry. Get the older books Smart Drugs and Nutrients (2) (way ahead of their time). Study, and more study. Study thyroid, B12, omega 3s (esp DHA).

>>>Motivation is not psychological, it is biochemical.

Sustainable motivation is not created by positive thinking. It is not created by having an arsenal of motivational phrases you repeat and repeat to yourself until you “get it”. It’s not created by hanging a bunch of pictures of beautiful people in your room to motivate you to go to the gym.

Where Does Motivation Come From?

Brain Chemistry

Your brain is always producing certain brain chemicals to perform a variety of functions in your body. Some of these brain chemicals, namely “neurotransmitters”, play a HUUUUUGE role in our mood, energy, and focus. When our brain has the right balance of these neurotransmitters, we feel fantastic, energetic, motivated, and focused. When these neurotransmitters are out of balance, we feel tired, larthargic, irritable, and depressed.

So What are These Neurotransmitters and What Do They Do?

The four main groups of neurotransmitters that have the most profound effect on our mood, energy, and focus are the following:

Serotonin – Natural antidepressant (Serotonin also converts to Melatonin for deep, restful sleep)
    Catecholamines – Energy and focus brain chemicals
    Endorphins – Natural pleasure/reward/comfort chemicals
    Below I discuss the role of each of these neurotransmitters. It may look like a lot to remember, but as I explain afterwards, it is actually easy to eat correctly to properly balance these brain chemicals. Read on…

Serotonin

Serotonin is our natural antidepressant. Keeping this neurotransmitter high makes us feel calm, confident, optimistic, playful, and thinking clearly. Billions of dollars are spent on pharmaceutical drugs that manipulate this important brain chemical. Drugs like Prozac and Zoloft are SSRI drugs, or “Selective-Serotonin-Reuptake-Inhibitors”. They do not make your body produce more serotonin, they keep the serotonin that your body does create “active” for a longer period of time.

If drug companies [fuck them] know how much value there is in optimizing this brain chemical, shouldn’t you?

Serotonin makes us feel confident, optimistic, and happy.

Melatonin

Melatonin can bee seen as the brother of Serotonin. If we keep our serotonin levels high, then when the time is right (at night when light is reduced) our melatonin will be high, taking us into a deep, deep sleep.

Melatonin is the hormone that is responsible for putting us into a deep, deep sleep.

Catecholamines

Catecholamines are a group of neurotransmitters that include epinephrine (adrenaline), norepinephrine (noradrenaline) and dopamine. These neurotransmitters are our energy and mental focus brain chemicals. When our levels of these neurotransmitters are high, we feel energetic, motivated, driven, and enthusiastic. The catecholamines are also responsible for our feelings of arousal. When we keep these brain chemicals high, we feel amazing!

Catecholamines from Brain

Endorphins

Endorphins are our pleasure/reward brain chemicals. High levels of these brain chemicals are responsible for emotional and physical pain relief, exhilaration (like from exercise or “Feeling The Rush”), and numbness to stress. Keeping these brain chemicals high make us feel goooooood…>>>

See Bio-Balance by Rudolph Wiley (building on George Watson’s Personality Strength and Psycho-Chemical Energy)

AVOID THE ESTABLISHMENT LIKE THE PLAGUE! F?CK ALL CARTELS AND MONOPOLIES.

• I never got the “runner’s high” from strenuous exercise so I often wonder if something isn’t working right in my body.

It’s funny (and helpful) that you wrote about this TR because I was thinking about this lack of energy and focus today. I have low grade tiredness almost everyday (you wouldn’t notice it if you knew me in person, but *I* know. It used to be much worse but I started taking a high dose of iodine daily and THAT helped immensely. Still, something is still missing.

Guess it’s time to find out. I have a lot I want to accomplish.

Great site, Tabula Raza. This part was especially useful:

Insulin will also take amino acids with it. When your body digests protein and breaks them down into those amino acids, some of those amino acids will head to your brain to produce neurotransmitters. The aminos will wait at the “blood-brain barrier” (sort of the protective gate for your brain) for their turn to enter the brain.

However, if insulin levels rise due to a rapid rise in blood sugar, insulin will swipe all those amino acids away from the brain along with all the sugar it is trying to get rid of. The excess sugar is dumped into your cells, and excess protein is flushed out of the body.

Amino Acids are Being Wasted

So the protein being eating is not getting utilized by the brain because of the sugar and refined carbs being eaten along with them.

What types of meals cause this situation?

Hamburger (with a white bun) and fries, possibly a milk shake
      Sub Sandwich and Potato Chips
      White pasta and commercial tomato sauces (look at the label to see how much sugar is in these, you’ll be shocked)
      Mexican food with white rice
      ANY MEAL that is accompanied by soda pop, fruit juices that are not 100% juice, or high sugar drinks (latte’s, frappacinos, etc)
      If you are consuming refined carbs with your meals, you are sabotaging your efforts to harness your willpower, energy, motivation, and focus. And now you know why.

How does a person prevent this from happening?

Remove all refined grains and sugary foods and replace them with whole grains. When whole grains are eaten along with adequate protein, the carbs are digested slow enough to not cause a surge in insulin. The brain will receive enough of the amino acids to produce the correct amounts of neurotransmitters, and the person will feel energetic, motivated, and focused.

Brain Chemistry Boosters, Eliminating Food Cravings:

I use protein shakes to pump up my brain chemistry. I take protein shakes between meals, and the protein shake only, no other food or drink. Protein powders are a collection of all the amino acids, and if they are taken alone (without carbs and fat), they are rapidly absorbed and reach the brain with little competition. When I do this, food cravings go away (food cravings are mostly caused largely by dehydration, neurotransmitter deficiency, and poor sleep) and I feel amazing!!

• Clytemnestra says:

If you combine the Melatonin with 5-HTP, your rest is even better and it helps improve your mood. L-tryptophan is very good, too.

If anyone has been hooked on the diet sugar in the blue packs (like I have until I finally kicked it), the poisonous aspartame is laced with an amino acid (which is actually good for you and serves as an anti-depressant called l-phenylalanine.

L-phenylalanine (LPA) serves as a building block for the various proteins that are produced in the body. L-phenylalanine can be converted to l-tyrosine (another amino acid) and subsequently to l-dopa, norepinephrine, and epinephrine. (SNIP) The D-form of phenylalanine cannot be converted to tyrosine, but it can be converted to another compound called phenylethylamine which may have effects in elevating mood, treating depression and altering pain sensation.

Phenylalanine is used to treated depression (elevates mood), rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis (decreases pain/inflammation), menstrual cramps, Parkinson’s disease (improves speech and rigidity), vitiligo (a skin pigment disorder), and cancer (melanoma, tumor growth). L-phenylalanine is associated with nervous states and has anti-depressant properties. Phenylalanine is part of certain hormones in the body which affect moods e.g., melanotropin and endorphins etc.

10. Pingback: Competition | Aryan Street