The mass man passes by the farmers market to go to McD’s or Wendys, and it’s understandable. Faster, cheaper, no preparation required. The tradeoff, of course, is obesity and medical costs and loss of quality of life. The mass man accepts this tradeoff by the tens of millions, if obesity statistics and everyday observation are to be believed.

But the scam goes deeper. Fast food workers are on EBT, because the chains pay poverty wages.

Fast-Food Giants Make Billions While Their Workers Use Billions In Welfare Benefits

Those billions could have gone to people growing and preparing food locally. A biochemist named Dee McCaffrey figured out that obesity is caused by food additives. It’s that simple. Increasing obesity and food additives increased with a 100% correlation, like railroad tracks on a graph. Here’s her book:

So McD’s et al are a bunch of corporate welfare queens, presiding over Fatland.

Learn how to cook, even if you don’t want to grow a garden. It’s the only way to resist Fatland and the Corn Syrup Cornucopia Government-RonaldMcDonald Complex.

12 Responses to Fast food chains private profits and socialize costs, and make it very hard for small scale food producers to make a profit

1. That’s why so many White people have trouble starting businesses. Too many things are rigged against them.

2. HerewardMW says:

Jamie Oliver. He is an annoying mockney but he does make entertaining food programmes and now has a really good youtube channel (www.youtube.com/user/jamieoliver). If you want to get into cooking it’s a good place to start.

In addition his “School Dinners” series was really important at getting people to see just what cr*p their kids are being fed and that there alternatives.

I never used to cook, just ate takeouts and ready meals, but making an effort with something special once a week and trying out new recipes gets to be fun as well as healthy. All learning of new skills, even the mundane, is important and can be satisfying if you take the right attitude.

3. bowiecloned says:

A lady I’m acquainted with is writing The White Family Cookbook. It’ll include recipes for the less gifted among us as well as recipes from around the world. It’s intended to be a practical book that people will use with only a few elaborate recipes for special days.

All proceeds will be going to assist White ACTivists in fighting White GENOCIDE.

My kitchen is ready and waiting.

4. JODAFO says:

You should look into xenoestrogens. They act as estrogens in the body so they take up testosterone receptor sites, then, promote fat storage and fat storage promotes fat storage through aromatase(<- that might be incorrect but there is an enzyme or something that fat produces that increases estrogen production and thus fat storage)

5. Cranberry says:

JODAFO, <a href="http://crossfitwilmington.com/2012/05/your-environments-effects-on-fat-storage/&quot; here is an article on xenoestrogens that sums up the problem nicely.

It is critical that we stop using so many plastics to store our food, and to watch the Omega 6 content of our foods. Don't use too many vegetable oils in your cooking, except for cold-pressed olive oil. Save the fat from making broth or frying bacon as a master fat for frying purposes.

Food and cooking are hobbies for me and I dedicate considerable time to reading and thinking about food. About two years ago I started reading much more about paleo and traditional foodways, and I went full food-nerd and dove into fermenting my own pickles and sauerkraut and kombucha and I put up some kvass the other day, can't wait to try it. I used to bake bread but I have some problems with gluten that are real, so I just avoid the bread. I've learned to make cheese, it's not that difficult or time consuming past the first day when you cook and culture the milk, and it's the best way to preserve milk for the future.

General rules: if it doesn't grow in your climate region, don't eat it (within reason, if you like avocados and can get them, go for it, but don't make it the center of your diet). If you can't buy it from your local farmer, or grow it yourself, don't eat it. Learn to make 2 or 3 large batches of something like a stew or pot roast, and stretch it. Turn a pot roast on Sunday into soup with extra broth and beans on Tuesday, then a casserole with potatoes on Wednesday.

This will benefit your health and your wallet.

6. Cranberry says:

The biggest hump to get over, MW, is the mindset of having food unnaturally available to us year-round. Before Refrigeration (BR), we couldn’t have milk year round, or cream, or frozen goodies. Changing your whole mindset of food is critical. You have to play “let’s pretend” for a month and quite literally don’t go to the grocery store and see how far you can make it.

It’s possible. The longest stretch I went was 23 days no grocery shopping. No one starved or even noticed we didn’t have the usual foods around.

Wow, amazing! 23 days and no one noticed? But what about doing stuff like freezing blueberries or at least dehydrating/rehydrating.

Even without electricity, I could dehydrate fruit with my sun oven.

The real big hurdle, in my opinion, is simply cutting processed foods out of our diet. There is a strong motive to do so — namely, not being overweight and feeling healthier. If I eat Subway or a frozen dinner, I feel like I smoked a cigarette. I feel poisoned and tired. Digestion is a harsh process. We’d live a lot longer if we photosynthesized instead of eating.

There’s actually a guy out there making something called Soylent, which is a chemical mixture of the exact stuff we need to get out of food. It’s like the ultimate meal replacement drink. I didn’t buy it because it was too much, but if the price comes down and it really works that would be interesting. I’d love to go most of the day without digesting. Digesting takes blood away from the brain, it makes your hormones go all whacky. I love the mornings when I haven’t eaten for 12 hours and my head is clear. I’d really love to be able to fast regularly without too much discomfort and still being able to work.

• Cranberry says:

I dehydrate and water-bath can and ferment a lot of foods. I mean, no one noticed we didn’t have fresh bananas or English muffins around, the stuff my kids usually eat. We’re always stocked on venison and wild ducks and with that plus a jar of sauerkraut or pickled beets and some kitchen staples like oils and seasonings, you can eat for days, and eat well.

I find bread gives me issues so I don’t eat it but I bake sourdough regularly for my kids and husband, though we can easily do without it. You can do without anything once you get used to not having something.

And for coconut oil, it’s the best stuff out there. Worth buying a large tub of it from Tropical Traditions or another online retailer. Shelf stable FOREVER and excellent for eating and skin/body care. I make my own toothpaste and deodorant with it (natural antibacterial).

I use this recipe for toothpaste. I skip the DE and add 1 T peppermint or unscented liquid castile soap (safe for oral use). It’s an expensive start-up to buy some of the supplies but they last a long time, you can make several batches a year and still not run out of the more expensive items. I found all of the exotic stuff like xylitol and GSE on Amazon, cheaper than my local health food store.

For deodorant, mix 1/2 cup melted coconut oil with 1/4 cup each baking soda and cornstarch. If you want, add some essential oils for scent. Lavender and rosemary are natural antimicrobials and smell good for either men or women, use 10- drops total of essential oil, if you add them make sure they are cleared for use in cosmetic applications (ie, pure and not solvent extracted or mixed with fillers, they have to be clearly labeled as OK for cosmetic/food applications by law).

That’s great Cranberry! You are way ahead of me.

We got to start a health food cafeteria, both eat in and take-out, and with reusable clay takeout containers that you return for a deposit. The one promise of this cafeteria/restaurant is that there are NO ADDITIVES WHATSOEVER. You eat whatever is made, pay the 5 bucks or 10 bucks, and be on your way. There’d be an expensive meal and a cheap meal, and the cheap meal would have a lot of rice and beans and and shredded cabbage, or beans and potatoes and shredded cabbage for salad, and just some meat as kind of a condiment. The more expensive meal would have grassfed beef or wild caught salmon. We’d get fruits and vegetables donated from local hobby gardeners who want their food to go into the health of the community.

Cabbage and kale are easier to grow than lettuce leaves, and I think they are superior greens — more substantial.

Anyway, the point of the no-additives cafeteria is that additives are hte number one cause of excess bodyweight. I’m pretty confident that Dee McCaffrey is correct in this. She’s a biochemist, and I’ve been listening to her on NPR.

Skip to 1 minute.