Hasidim prove that community/racial ties can trump family ties when necessary

One of the things liberals like to say is that whites will be “forced” to accept diversity/racemixing when it occurs in their own family. A New York Times article about the Hasidim proves that this is most certainly untrue, at least for people with strong belief.

Outcast Mother’s Death, and Questions About Jewish Sect’s Sway Over Children

Hasidic kids reject their own mother when she leaves the Hasidim!

Her body was propped up against the bed; underneath lay a bag of pills and a half-empty bottle of vodka. Nearby were photographs of the woman’s three increasingly estranged children, including a snapshot of the eldest, Chaya, 13, at her elementary school graduation.

Mr. Weiss said Ms. Tambor had written a telling diary entry after Chaya refused to accept her graduation gift of a bouquet.

“I’m done living,” the entry said. “I can’t take the pain. People say give it a shot. But it’s not working. I’m done.”

Ms. Tambor, 33, had forsaken the Hasidic Jewish world in which she was raised and married, a decision that undermined her relationship with her children. Her Skver Hasidic sect in Rockland County, N.Y., was concerned that Ms. Tambor’s freer lifestyle might be a subversive influence on the children, and whether it swayed the children to keep their distance and limited her opportunities to visit has become an emotionally charged question in wider Jewish circles.

“People are seeing there’s a possibility of losing their children because the Orthodox community thinks it needs to protect each child’s Jewish soul,” Ms. Santo said, “and will go to great lengths to sever ties between the child and the parents leaving to become more modern.”

“I was unaware that my relatively meager resources were no match for a powerfully resourceful community with an ideological stake in the future of my children,” Mr. Deen wrote. “Most of all I was naïve about the powers of religious extremism to control the minds of children themselves.”

The article describes how the children “grew withdrawn in my presence, eating dinner in silence and refusing the books and games I bought them,” and inspecting foods he offered to be sure they were kosher.

“Mommy says you want to turn us into goyim,” he said a son told him, using the Yiddish term for non-Jews.

Once someone leaves a sect, he or she often becomes a pariah, virtually disowned by parents and siblings, Hasidic exiles say. Hasidim realize it is important for a child to know a mother or a father, but, Mr. Deen said, they think they can remedy the absence “by getting the religious spouse to remarry.” (Ed note — people, even family members, are indeed replaceable if they go astray).

Mr. Deen said Ms. Tambor had told him that she felt humiliated because the children called her Devorah and called their stepmother Mommy. A son answered her questions with a resentful yes or no.

“Do you know how it hurts to hear your kid say they don’t want to see you?” Ms. Tambor wrote on Facebook.

12 Responses to Hasidim prove that community/racial ties can trump family ties when necessary

1. fnn says:

There was a great deal of intermarriage among the three major groups in Bosnia in the generations preceding the Bosnian War. The artificial “Yugoslav” identity imposed from above encouraged this, but it obviously didn’t take in the long run.

2. heathenhank says:

As fnn pointed out, intermarriage rates and seeming mixed group hospitality doesn’t equate to a future of complete mixture and diversity utopia. Tamils and Sri-Lankins had much more equitable and friendly relationships to one another in 1950 than to say, American Whites and Blacks, but then devolved into ferocious civil war by the 80s.

America has always had diversity, but it never threatened the historic White American Nation. Real diversity requires separation and segregation. What we have now is White Genocide, not diversity, its a simple as that. Without mixing, there can be no destruction of the people, with mixing, the natural group preservation drive kicks in.

That mixing is on the increase has never been outright defeat for us. Instead, its just a predictable step in a long conflict.

3. RitaRabbit says:

Wns certainly know what it is like to be alienated from family members.

4. Wally D says:

Nothing noble or good to see here. The Hassids are more of a cult. A bunch of backwards thinking people re-enforcing each other’s craziness.

• sigmatika says:

I beg to differ — backwards cult or not, I don’t think these are stupid people, and they’ve certainly doing something right. If they’ve got a way to maintain a genetic and cultural nation (in the original sense of the word; something you’re born into) they are one step ahead of most of us. Yeah, they disgust most white Christians, but they don’t care, I assure you. Your saying they are a ‘cult’ doesn’t make them any less effective at what they do.

5. MOISHE (NOT) says:

I ONCE WORKED WITH SOME HASIDIM CHICK AT THE SKOOL I WORKED AT IN SYDNEY OZ – SHE HAD TO WEAR THIS FUCKED UP WIG BUT SHE COULDNT WAIT TO TAKE IT OFF AS SOON AS HER SCUMBAG HUSBAND DROPPED HER OFF – I TRIED TO DEBRIEF HER AND CHECK OUT WHY FUCKED UP/NEUROTIC SHE IS – SHE JUST NEEDED A GOYIM TO TALK WITH – I THINK I HEALED HER A LITTLE BIT – I COULD SEE THAT SHE WAS TORN BETWEEN A FUCKED UP MEDIEVIAL MINDSET THAT WAS OUTRAGEOUSLY OPPRESSIVE TO WOMEN AS WELL AS GOYIM – SHE WAS IN SO MUCH SPIRITUAL/EMOTIONAL PAIN – I PITIED HER – THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF MY EDUCATION ABOUT HOW JEWS STILL LIVE IN THE SHETL – OR PALE OF SETTLEMENT – EVEN THE SECULAR ONES – THEY ARE TRULLY PITIFUL CREATURES AND SHOULD BE DOMICILED TO THE MOON JUST FOR THEIRS – AND OUR SAFETY – THEY ARE REALLY FUCKED UP CREATURES (PREACHING TO THE CHOIR HERE)

• Mr. Rational says:

“Goyim” is plural.  The singular is “goy”.

• MOISHE (NOT IN YOUR LIFE) says:

THANK YOU MR RATIONAL FOR THE ELUCIDATION – I DONT LIKE TO USE CORRECT HEBREW – THE VERY LANGUAGE DETESTS ME – SO I REALLY DONT CARE THAT MUCH IF I WRITE IN THE ‘PLURAL’ OR ‘SINGULAR’ – ITS A SHITTY, DEAD LANGUAGE THAT SHOULD BE DISCARDED FROM THE WORLD FAMILY OF LANGUAGES – IF THAT OFFENDS SOME JEWFRO HEADED HASBAR-RATS READING THIS POST – WHO CARES? – DO YOU CARE MR RATIONAL?

• Mr. Rational says:

I was wondering whether you cared about appearing ignorant.  Since you’re explicitly using it to make a statement, it’s now obvious that you don’t.  But that wasn’t obvious before, so you may want to use scare quotes or something else to make it plain that it’s just your style.

And I’d drop the ALL UPPER-CASE SHOUTING, IT’S ANNOYING.

6. moishe says:

ROger that Mr rational – fair play!