White students in Minnesota stick up for themselves, and win!

Black teacher invites white students to complain, they do, their complaint is found to have merit! Yay! Comments at link priceless as always

Education
MCTC prof reprimanded for alienating white students during structural racism discussion
By Aaron Rupar Wed., Nov. 27 2013 at 7:45 AM 265 Comments
Categories: Education, Racism

Shannon Gibney, a 38-year-old professor at the Minneapolis Community and Technical College, received a formal reprimand from the school’s vice president of academic affairs for the way she handled a discussion of structural racism in her Intro to Mass Communication course.

The reprimand came after three white male students complained that they felt singled out by Gibney.

In a video interview with City College News, Gibney gives her version of what happened during her controversial structural racism discussion:
[One of the white students asked,] ‘Why do we have to talk about this in every class? Why do we have to talk about this?’ I was shocked… It was not in a calm way. His whole demeanor was very defensive. He was taking it personally. I tried to explain, of course, in a reasonable manner — as reasonable as I could given the fact that I was being interrupted and put on the spot in the middle of class — that this is unfortunately the context of 21st century America.

Another white male student said, ‘Yeah, I don’t get this either. It’s like people are trying to say that white men are always the villains, the bad guys. Why do we have to say this?’

I tried to say, ‘You guys are trying to take it personally. This is not a personal attack. We’re not all white people, you white people in general. We’re talking about whiteness as a system of oppression.’

And so I’m quite familiar, unfortunately, with how that works — and how the institutional structures and powers reinforce this white male supremacy, basically, and that sort of narrative, and way of seeing the world.

And so I said, ‘You know, if you’re really upset, feel free to go down to legal affairs and file a racial harassment discrimination complaint.’
The students indeed filed a complaint, and administrators found merit with their case. The City College News quotes the letter of reprimand the VP of academic affairs sent to her — a letter that will go into her file:
Shannon, I find it troubling that the manner in which you led a discussion on the very important topic of of structural racism alienated two students who may have been most in need of learning about this subject.

While I believe it was your intention to discuss structural racism generally, it was inappropriate for you to single out white male students in class. Your actions in [targeting] select students based on their race and gender caused them embarrassment and created a hostile learning environment.

For that reason, I have determined that a reprimand is warranted.
In the wake of the reprimand, Gibney told City College, “I don’t feel safe in the class anymore.”

“I definitely feel like I’m a target in the class. I don’t feel like students respect me,” she continued. “Those students were trying to undermine my authority from the get-go. And I told the lawyer at the investigatory meeting, ‘You have helped those three white male students succeed in undermining my authority as one of the few remaining black female professors here.'”

In 2012, more than half the students at MCTC were “students of color.”

WCCO reports that Gibney is one of seven employees of color who have filed a class-action lawsuit against MCTC alleging that the campus is a discriminatory workplace environment. In a subsequent conversation with MPR, Gibney denied that report, but acknowledged she is one of several MCTC faculty and staff who have filed complaints with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission alleging workplace discrimination.

In a statement addressing the controversy, MCTC officials said they believe “it is essential for our students to understand issues of race, class and power, and we encourage the faculty to actively engage students in respectful discussions about these topics and create an atmosphere in which students may ask questions as an important part of the classroom experience. That’s how we learn.”

But officials go on to say they “want to ensure that students, faculty and staff from all cultures and backgrounds feel welcomed and have an appropriate learning environment. We train our employees to ensure that these critical conversations around issues of diversity are constructive and lead to understanding.” It’s apparently on that score they think Gibney fell short.

— Follow Aaron Rupar on Twitter at @atrupar. Got a tip? Drop him a line at arupar@citypages.com.

23 Responses to White students in Minnesota stick up for themselves, and win!

1. Denise says:

None of this would be happening were it not for Jewish Marxist indoctrination, and the demand for “integration”.

• Mr. Rational says:

The real irony is that Gibney only has her job because of structural racism against Whites, and the elevation of “diversity” over competency in general.

Fortunately for her, she’s too stupid to realize this (tribal orientation, little or no capacity for independent thought) so she can continue to pull down her paycheck until she gets fired for misconduct.  Otherwise she would have to resign in shame immediately.

2. Denise says:

Reblogged this on The White Tea Room and commented:
    Read. The. Comments!

I just nearly choked up my beverage, due the surprised and delighted belly laughs! I LOVE that!

3. Denise says:

I just reblogged this. The Commnets are splendid. I owe you a post, my dear; I’m trying to decide if I want to log in and jump in the pool

That “perfesser” is what dated farm equipment looks like, dressed in human clothes.

4. Marcus says:

Are they using “of color” to refer to anyone who isn’t white? How culturally insensitive and dehumanizing!

5. vikingbitch says:

Reblogged this on vikingbitch's Blog and commented:
    Great piece. I think the key point here that needs to be driven home is that THREE male students united and complained. I have noticed, unfortunately, that often when whites do stick up for themselves against minority micro aggressions and otherwise, that many are left hanging.

I have also noticed the phenomenon that when a white female sticks up for herself against the verbal and/or non verbal attacks by Die-Versity, for example the nonsense tegarding white privilege, she is often labeled as ‘crazy’. An example below:

It appears that sometimes there is a double standard that is applied when white females stick up for themselves. I sometimes browse other blogs and I am stunned by how white men will join hands with Die-Versity in demeaning, denigrating, and debasing g White European American women.

United we stand, divided we fall.

• Tina says:

So true. White men need to wake up.

Loved this video though.

• We have to remember that White women have repeatedly joined forces against White men with “Diversity” since abolition. Why are we then surprised if there is a backlash? Take the most (in)famous case in point.

Hillary Clinton studied under the Jew, Saul Alinsky and actively worked to free some Black Panthers while she was in college. Throughout the rest of her career as FLOTUS and as New York Senator, Clinton was as anti-White male as could be. Then she decided to run for president. Of course, White men on the right would be against her; that stands to reason.

BUT that should have made no difference. She would have still won the presidency if she had had any support from White me on the left. Her campaign against Barak Obama went dismally until Pennsylvania when that dim bulb of a brain of hers lit up and she suddenly remembered which side her bread was buttered on. She started going PRO-White male, and it was the leftist White men in her own party who threatened her with all kinds of unpleasant repercussions if she didn’t concede rather than demand a voice count as was originally planned.

I am by no means happy with the present state of affairs between White men and White women, but that does not mean that relations cannot be repaired. The first step is White women line up behind and vigorously support White men in going up against an Anti-White agenda. Whatever our issues with ex-husbands, ex-boyfriends, bosses, or even fathers, many of us have sons and we need to think of them.

Bravo to these three gallant young men for challenging this Black Bigot. They could have just taken the attitude that it was only one semester, focused on getting a passing grade and gritted their teeth through it, but they threw down with her and won. What a damn shame that it never occurred to the White female students there to join forces with them in condemning the Anti-White drivel.

United We Stand [original song, horrible]

7. Tina says:

This made my whole day.

8. Wally D. says:

Resistance is not futile.

9. Paladin Justice says:

The woman in the pic looks like a half black/half white woman English instructor I used to know. I think her problem is that the white boys when she was in school did not find her attractive enough to keep as a girlfriend or wife, and so she embraced the theory that white racism was responsible for her lack of a white boyfriend. Whether this is correct or not, it’s not easy to be around these kinds of unpleasant, sour people. Unfortunately, her white half is smart enough to get a job in education, while her black half is mean enough to make life miserable for “people of no color” (if blacks are people of color, then I guess whites have no color:-)

• Jon says:

“Whites” are people of colours — blue, grey, green, blond, red and brown.

Well, smart enough and black enough to get a job in education. I’ve noticed that all “cushy” jobs at the nexus of educaiton and government are either coloreds or white women, or colored women.

The idea that people who aren’t white men have a perspective that white men lack, like the “wise latina,” is nothing but a scam to get cushy jobs.

10. Robot Sam says:

That’s fine, let’s start talking about the violent n-word problem to regular n-words, we can say that it’s those n-words out there, not you n-words. You are the nice n-words, until you complain about being called n-words, then you are part of the violent n-word problem. Won’t that be nice? Because it’s not a personal attack on those n-words, it is some other n-words whom you just look like, identify with and are related to in some way, but it’s not you n-words in particular. And we’re sorry her father was a white pussy craving n-word.

11. Dachnik says:

The n-word that works the best, and that they really can’t stand is…….No!

Nein!, Het!, Hej! Non! and finally the Dutch Nee!
    Let’s be the Knights that say Nee!

12. Attila says:

If race doesn’t matter- why is she describing the young men as “white”??? She’s the one racializing every aspect of the issue. Another delusional/victim complexed female.