Hoppe

Great quote by Herman Hoppe. I’ve noticed that liberals automatically equate “growing economy” with “quality of life,” when they are arguing for diversity and immigration.

9 Responses to Hoppe

I was thinking about Hoppe this morning and thought I would post. And here it is.

The Economics and Ethics of Private Property

The book, in PDF: http://mises.org/books/economicsethics.pdf

My goal is to purge the movement of anti-intellectualism. . .

I strongly agree with purging WN of anti-intellectualism, but not everyone has time to read Evola or Hoppe, we have to get the executive summary from commenters. I didn’t have to read Mises or Hayek to “get” Austrian economics.

3. countenance says:

I can’t necessarily say I agree, though I’m indeed happy to see one kinda sorta libertarian economist not bash and trash, and at least implicitly endorse, ethnonationalism and ethnosepratism.

However, in the real world, free trade, open borders and global governance all go together, and trade restriction-protectionism, immigration control and nationalism also go together, If you adopt one of the three items of the universalist grab bag, there will inevitably be pressure on you to adopt the other two, ibid. for the particularist grab bag.

4. ben tillman says:

Democracy: The God That Failed is a great, great book. It’s not just that he applies “libertarian” principles consistently (i.e., immigration is aggression, and aggression — believe it or not — violates the “non-aggression principle”), it’s also that he ascribes to Europeans the ability to cooperate and create harmonious “spontaneous order”.

5. ben tillman says:

Hoppe’s from Austria, and Austria is Europe’s lymph node.

6. Paladin Justice says:

Dr. Hoppe was suspended and faced being fired from his professor’s position a decade ago. I was one of those hundreds or thousands of economists who signed the petition demanding his reinstatement. I signed on the basis that if a Cultural Marxist administration was trying to destroy him, I should support him, no matter whether I agreed with his positions or not. Good to see he’s still around and people are still reading his writings.