The Leftoid Media Lie Machine

Expect shitlib hysteria to reach epic contortions in the coming years, because it will be the only reaction they have left to assuage their fraying egos as the world they constructed falls to pieces around them. The more unsolvable the mass scale social problems become, the more readily leftoids retreat to shrieking bansheeism as a policy prescription and psychological balm.

In the end, the truth wins out. The question is whether it wins in the arena of genteel exchange of ideas, or it rises as the last man standing in a blood-soaked thunderdome.

Chateau Heartiste

As most CH readers are likely aware, mass media suppression of hatefacts has accelerated and intensified in recent years, with signs that 2014 will usher the Year of Crimethink Suppression. As a minor but telling example of the effort the liberal-owned-and-operated media industrial complex (aka the propaganda arm of the Cathedral) will go to maintain their Narrative and excise uncongenial facts from their copy, Mangantweeted (can someone please create a social media platform with a manlier sounding name, ferkrissakes?) the following,

Dishonest, groupthink journalism: 98% of Stories Ignore That Ice-bound Ship Was On Global Warming Mission. http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mike-ciandella/2014/01/02/frozen-out-98-stories-ignore-ice-bound-ship-was-global-warming-missi

In the scheme of things, it’s a small “oversight” by the journalistic zero integrity clown show, (and ironic considering that global warming is the one liberal pet cause that is buttressed by at least some respectable science), but when you multiply this trivial slight against the truth by the millions of…

View original post 676 more words

16 Responses to The Leftoid Media Lie Machine

1. Deutscher says:

Let’s demand convenience stores use affirmative action until the White/Asian population % is reached.

2. Rita Rabbit says:

they are hanging by the skin of your teeth

3. contemplativemorrigan says:

Hi, MW. 🙂 Sorry to take the thread OT, but I was hoping for some general feedback on food preparation/buying local. After having a full meal plan my first semester at school and being pretty disgusted with the cafeteria food, I’ve decided to get the minimum meal plan for this spring. My mom bought a mini George Foreman grill for me to use in my room, but that probably won’t cut it for much besides turkey burgers or grilled cheese. Since my boyfriend doesn’t have a meal plan and is an RA in the only dorm that has actual ovens/stovetops, we have decided to pool our resources and eat suppers together. 😀 My mom has once again come through by offering to send several frozen leftovers up with me, but I recognize we will still have to do quite a bit of shopping and cooking for ourselves. I would really like to buy quality/organic food, but it’s also important that we don’t go over budget.

Growing up, I ate a lot of stews that included cheap cuts of meat that had been rendered tender and tasty through the cooking process, so I know that with meat, you can skimp a little. Produce is a different story for me. I don’t mind buying frozen veggies (green beans and so on) or berries, but I know that strictly speaking, that’s not the best practice. I made a spreadsheet for seasonal produce (as well as the produce that is “always” in season, or at least is always being offered at reasonable prices, such as carrots, tomatoes, onions, potatoes, etc.) and have poked around online a little bit to see what organic meat, dairy, and produce brands are considered trustworthy. I know the best thing to do is buy produce at the local farmers’ market, but the one in my area is only active one Saturday a month for three hours. :/ Considering the season, I’m not even sure if they would have any fresh produce to sell, or just a lot of canned stuff. I know that canning/pickling is an important and energy-efficient method of food preservation, but aside from pickles, I just haven’t ever really enjoyed vegetables that aren’t fresh.

Sorry for the rant, lol. Any and all advice would be appreciated. 🙂

Morrigan,

Go for lentil beans, sweet potatoes, winter squash, regular potatoes, cabbage for cabbage salads, and soups like borscht. Get “The Science of Skinny” cook book by Dee McCaffery. I’m not a Paleo because I eat potatoes and legumes, but I have cut out all corn/wheat/soybeans. that’s the main thing. It’s fine if you buy frozen vegetables.

Just don’t eat corn/wheat/soybeans, not even as mayonaise or dressing or crackers or cookies or any of that. Cut it all out. Veg, fruit, nuts meat, fish. That’s it. Look at hte glycemic index of fruits and veg, and try to eat lower on the glycemic index. Sweet potatoes are actually much better than regular potatoes, but I think some potatoes are just fine. I eat both in the same meal.

• contemplativemorrigan says:

Oh dear. I have been unable to deal with sweet potatoes and squash since childhood. Some of my earlier pickiness has faded – I was delighted recently when I fully enjoyed some beets – but the texture of those two has continued to make me nauseas. I will have to see if I can find some “sneaky chef”-esque ideas for how to sneak significant amounts of those foods into dishes I find more palatable. Thankfully, the boyfriend has no such objections. I may just have to re-train myself – maybe stocking up on some chocolate and rewarding myself with a bar for every sweet potato or squash meal I finish. 😛

So you cut out all bread? That will be really hard for me. I understand why modern, big-ag wheat is nasty, but it wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that bread/bagels/etc. are a big part of my life (and that’s not even getting into cookies and cakes and pies… *sigh*). With the growing number of people who have gluten intolerance or sensitivity, though, it’s not a stretch to predict the choice to cut back may be taken away from me at some point if I don’t make it voluntarily now.

• Cranberry says:

Morrigan,

I recently re-introduced some bread into my diet with success (thought I had a tolerance issue, turns out too much was bad for my blood sugar, I eat a little bit of my own whole wheat/spelt sourdough once in a while and bake regularly for my family). I eat pretty LC right now but feed a family of five on one under 6-fig income. YOU CAN EAT WELL ON THE CHEAP! Here are some tips:

1) don’t stress organic everything right now. Get the Dirty Dozen/Clean Thirteen list and stick to that as much as you can. I don’t stress organic in my house, but I garden so most of my produce is de facto organic 8-9 months a year. On a budget, it’s better to buy what you can afford even if conventionally grown than forgo veggies altogether.

2) JOIN A CSA if you can. Most CSA’s offer half-shares for couples, and might offer special student pricing or let you go on a payment plan. CSA is Community Supported Agriculture; in exchange for your financial commitment to the farm, you get a share of the veggies harvested each season. I did this two years ago while I was getting my garden established, it carried us nicely from May through November with fresh veggies every single week

3) Learn to bake your own bread if you plan to eat it. Breadtopia is a good site to get the no-knead and sourdough methods down pat. Learn to grow a starter (it’s so easy) and make sourdough exclusively. email me jewelledcranberry@gmail.com if you want tips and pointers.

4) Buy stuff in bulk as much as possible – things like beans/legumes, rice – I can get a 10 lb bag of rice at my local grocery store for $7, you can probably find it cheaper if you shop around

5) When shopping for meat at the grocery store, don’t pay full price! Pay close attention to the expiry date on cuts you want to purchase, then leave. Return on the day before/day of expiration, you’ll usually find those same packs of meat half-price. It’s a bit of a gamble but I usually find chicken and soup bones and brisket and sometimes steak heavily discounted because it’s about to go out of date. Then I take it home, freeze it, and have it for later

5a) don’t fear frozen veggies, esp. in winter. YOu can get them cheaply enough and use them in almost any recipe where you’d use fresh. I keep a stash on hand for when I run out of what I’ve preserved or frozen from the garden. They come in handy and provide adequate nutrition for pennies per serving.

6) The book Ten Dollar Dinners by Melissa D’Arabian is awesome for everyday cooking on the cheap

7) Learn to make bone stock and use it to cook (almost) everything. It’s highly nutritious and easy to make huge quantities of it for pennies.

8) EGGS. EGGS. EGGS. If you can’t get pastured, by the Omega-3 enriched ones from grocery store. Not ideal, but better than regular unfresh eggs from grocer.

Sounds like you won’t have a freezer or not much freezer space, so make the best use of the storage you have. Good luck.

• contemplativemorrigan says:

Thank you for the advice! Buying in bulk will be a challenge due to space limitations, but I have already looked up the dirty dozen/clean thirteen and local CSAs. Most of them seem to be done until the summer, when I will no longer be in the area. I will definitely keep it in mind for next year, however. I will start looking at sourdough recipes and check out the cookbook you mentioned. And we are of the same mind about eggs, hehe.

• Cranberry says:

Winter is a tough season to get started, Morrigan, but you can do it. If you make the commitment of time and money, you can do it.

Food is cheap in America, and it probably shouldn’t be. Eating healthy is more expensive than eating crap food, but still cheaper than eating anywhere else in the world. Look into your ethnic past. I have French, German, and Polish roots and have been exploring the historic cuisines of those countries and Europe in general, cooking lots of “peasant” food: stews, dumplings, coarse breads, vegetable soups and salads. My family is in good health and likes this food, thankfully. Eat what your ancestors might have eaten, it’s a good start.

You’re making the right choice. I like avocados and keep them on hand when they go on sale at my market, but food like avocado, bananas, lemons, limes…they’re great but in the back of my mind I consider them expendable. When SHTF you’ll be lucky to get cabbage at your grocer. I’m reading a Polish cookbook right now that weaves history with food and talks about how grocery stores in Poland had little but vinegar and pickled herring on their shelves for years, and people went underground to get meat and fish from each other, and practiced subsistence gardening on such a large scale that the government couldn’t stop everyone from doing it.

One other thing I meant to tell you: Learn to make Sauerkraut. It’s so freaking easy, and you;’ll have a great source of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and tasty tangy goodness to accompany your meals. I did a post about it here: http://cranberryskitchen.wordpress.com/2013/06/06/old-fashioned-sauerkraut-part-i/

• Denise says:

See if your dorm mates are interested in Ahem – Food Exchanges. Back in the Medieval Era, when I attended University, my dorm-mates and I had a plethora of cooking implements. Hot plates, those plug in tea pots, to heat water, micro waves, (a luxury item ,then). We used to do group meals several times a week. We’d take turns making the entrees, etc. We had lots of fun, and ate very well.

We avoided a mass poisoning in the college caf, by the by.

Wow, good for you Denise! That was very resourceful of you.

• contemplativemorrigan says:

My roommate and I are pretty well-equipped. We both have mini-fridges and coffee makers, and she has a microwave that she has no problem with me using. Now with the George Foreman Grill, we will be able to do a little bit more. We aren’t allowed to have hot plates or any kind of slow cookers in our dorm rooms, though, and food storage is a problem. I will definitely keep this advice in mind, though. Perhaps some of our more anti-social suitemates could be drawn out with the suggestion of food. 😉

4. Brandon says:

OT. Looked for your email address but couldn’t find it, so I thought this may be of interest to you MW…

5. Sam says:

Here’s a good link on tenderizing cheaper cuts of meat. Her page has a lot of good info on diet.

I’ve posted before about resistant starches. She has a post on that too.
    Rice is cheap and tasty. Buy in quantity. I have 25lb. boxes. Here’s a good link on Parboiled White Rice. Parboiled rice has 80% of the nutrients of whole rice but tastes better and last longer. Supposedly 50% of all Asian rice is parboiled. Guess what parboiled rice has lots of resistant starches. Hmm… Maybe that’s why Asians are skinny and their health is better.
    Look at the home page lots of info on resistant starches.
    You can also make alfalfa or wheat grass sprouts cheap. Good with eggs and anywhere else you want something like a salad. Sprouts have lots of vitamins. Buy at the feed store or farmers co-op in 50 lb. bags. Make sure you get feed not seed type. Seed type may have chemicals on it. Dirt cheap.

Here’s a link to Kurt Saxon, of the book “Poor Man’s James Bond” fame. on super cheap eating with thermos cooking.

and don’t forget exercise. Free and scientifically studied.
    5BX Plan (5 Basic Exercises)
    There’s also a 5bx for Women but you’ll have to hunt for it.
    Good start anyways.