We need to compile the list of how YT is racist no matter what we do!

White flight is bad. Gentrification is also bad.

White people doing White culture? Eurocentric! White people practicing an art invented by non-Whites? Appropriation!

What would Salon think of an article called, ‘Why I can’t stand Asian musicians who play Beethoven’? BY EUGENE VOLOKH
March 6 at 11:57 am

Not racist.

Racist.

Any questions? Oh really? If you are White, and breathing, that’s racist. Oh, wait — being dead doesn’t make you exempt. The Founding Fathers, all European people, dead and alive — RACIST!

From Salon comes an article called “Why I can’t stand white belly dancers,” with the subtitle “Whether they know it or not, white women who practice belly dance are engaging in appropriation.” A sample:

Women I have confronted about this have said, “But I have been dancing for 15 years! This is something I have built a huge community on.” These women are more interested in their investment in belly dancing than in questioning and examining how their appropriation of the art causes others harm. To them, I can only say, I’m sure there are people who have been unwittingly racist for 15 years. It’s not too late. Find another form of self-expression. Make sure you’re not appropriating someone else’s.

Appropriation — the horror! People treating artistic genres as if they were great ideas that are part of the common stock of humanity, available for all humanity to use, rather than the exclusive property of some particular race or ethnic group. What atrocity will the culturally insensitive appropriators think of next? East Asian cellists? Swedish chess players? The Japanese putting on Shakespeare? Jews playing Christians’ Christian music, such as Mozart’s masses? Arriviste Jewish physicists using work done for centuries by Christians? Russian Jews writing about Anglo-American law? Indians writing computer programs, using languages and concepts pioneered by Americans and Europeans? Japanese companies selling the most delicious custard cream puffs? Shame, shame, shame.
Click here to subscribe.

But, wait: Maybe — and I know this is a radical thought — artists, whether high or low, should be able to work in whatever artistic fields they want to work in. Maybe they should even be able to work in those fields regardless of their skin color or the place from which their ancestors came.
Maybe telling people that they can’t work in some field because they have the wrong color or ancestry would be … rats, I don’t know what to call it. If only there were an adjective that could be used to mean “telling people that they mustn’t do something, because of their race or ethnic origin.”
As to the blackface analogy that the article offers, the objection to blackface is that it originated as mockery of blacks, and is generally understood as continuation of such mockery. When white woman are “dressed in Orientalist garb with eye makeup caked on for full kohl effect and glittery accessories” — or for that matter, when people who aren’t of European extraction wear traditionally European formal clothing to play classical music, or non-European ballet dancers dress in European costumes — they aren’t trying to mock or belittle the group whose garb they are using. Rather, they are doing what performers have done throughout history: dressing the part.
A pretty appalling article, then, on Salon’s part. Thanks to Glenn Reynolds (InstaPundit) for the pointer.
(Note: I realize that Yo-Yo Ma, whose photo I give above, was born in Europe. But the argument in the Salon article, which talks of “Arab women and brown women” as entitled to belly dance and “white women” as not entitled, is based on place of ancestry, not place of birth. And in any event, of course I think that even Chinese artists who were born in China and who live in China are just as entitled to play Beethoven as is anyone else. Note also that the article’s argument is quite different from a purely aesthetic argument that some performance doesn’t work because the performer doesn’t visually look authentic, or even — what I think is much less defensible, even aesthetically — because the performer’s background interferes with the perceived authenticity of the work. The article makes a moral claim, not a personal aesthetic judgment.)
Eugene Volokh
Eugene Volokh teaches free speech law, religious freedom law, church-state relations law, a First Amendment Amicus Brief Clinic, and tort law, at UCLA School of Law, where he has also often taught copyright law, criminal law, and a seminar on firearms regulation policy. Before coming to UCLA, he clerked for Justice Sandra Day O’Connor on the U.S. Supreme Court and for Judge Alex Kozinski on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Volokh is the author of the textbooks The First Amendment and Related Statutes (4th ed. 2011), The Religion Clauses and Related Statutes (2005), and Academic Legal Writing (4th ed. 2010), as well as over 70 law review articles. Volokh is also an Academic Affiliate for the Mayer Brown LLP law firm.

28 Responses to Liberals attack whites for doing one thing, and also doing it’s opposite — example, white flight, and gentrification; being Eurocentric, AND appropriating non-European art forms

1. Europa Rex says:

I’m not especially concerned by Liberal spergs like this. I saw this article and couldn’t help but laugh: even the Far-Left lunatics had, in the comments section of the Salon article, decried the racism of the author. The Left simply eats itself. Of course, we can always help make their feast larger.

2. Robot Sam says:

Have you seen the size of that beast? It is like a wild boar.

Let’s just appropriate the world.

3. Hauer says:

If you look at leftist mouthpieces like Salon, their attitude on any topic that deals with race has always been easy to decode. It always boils down to being anti-white and anti-western. They’ll always hide behind reasons like “cultural appropriation” and “gentrification” because anything closer to the truth would go against their own narratives about race and culture.

4. ascomanni says:

The reason why the liberals attack whites from both directions is that their real purpose has nothing to do with the immediate argument. The political dispossession of whites in America has happened. The purpose of the liberals is to capitalize on this dispossession and attack. If they can attack whites for white flight then they attack. If they can attack whites for gentrification then they attack. The purpose is not white flight or gentrification. The purpose is to attack. With a dishonest enemy like liberals one needs to watch their actions not their words.

• Mr. Rational says:

The purpose is not white flight or gentrification. The purpose is to attack.

The same is true of “critical theory”.  There is no “theory”, no alternative explanation, no competing model.  Criticism (attack) is the be-all and end-all.

5. My blog would be a lot funnier if it wasn’t damn near impossible to parody what amounts to unintentional self-parody anyway.

Indians wearing blue jeans: not cultural appropriation. Hipsters wearing feathers: cultural appropriation, hipster racism, and all other bad things.

Africans using cell phones: not cultural appropriation. Hipsters displaying voodoo decor at Halloween: cultural appropriation, and naughty racism.

Wait a minute, isn’t doing slam poetry cultural appropriation of authentic hipster culture (i.e., beatniks, our early Hipster ancestors?)

Simple rule: if you are white, you’re racist.

6. Cj aka Elderofzyklons Blog says:

Reblogged this on ElderofZyklon's Blog!.

7. banned56 says:

“Indians wearing blue jeans”
    Even better example: Descendants of Plains Indians walking around in Stetsons. lolololol

• Jon says:

I had the displeasure of watching the movie, “The Lone Ranger” recently. It was very well-done — good acting, special effect and cinematography. Its Manichean “White man bad; Indian good” was expected and was not what caused me not to laugh but rather to sneer at what should have been hilarious dialogue. It was the the “Indian wise; “White man idiotic, bumbling” that was so over-the-top propagandistic that no one but one who fits the reality-inverting stereotypes portraying in the film could not see it as such.

8. If liberals are sociopaths, then feminists are their extreme–psychopaths. I enjoy reading feminist drivel because it’s often so easy for the thinking fellow to refute.

9. hardscrabble farmer says:

“It’s not too late. Find another form of self-expression. Make sure you’re not appropriating someone else’s.” it writes in English on a computer keyboard powered by electricity.

The irony is deep with this one.

10. Porter says:

The point with so much of this anti-white agitprop is not to make sense, or risibly to adhere to consistent principles, but to simply disseminate the attack for public consumption. People are largely oblivious, and will internalize propaganda without thinking of it–in fact, it is much less effective when actually thought about.

You simply create a drumbeat of “whites bad, non-whites good.” If the song reaches enough eyes and ears people will start humming it to themselves unselfconsciously.

So they simply push the narrative. Who cares if it’s logical? Whites will grow increasingly demoralized and inert, while their enemies are inspired toward increased hostility and resentment. It is a virtuous cycle–for those who find virtue in our demise.

Just remember, messages first and foremost must be seen and heard. Whether or not they can withstand scrutiny is incidental.

• You know what? I’m not that concerned.

There is a point when those being criticized either consciously know or subconsciously intuit that the whole purpose of the criticism is to criticize. This causes the one being criticized to become totally demoralized and/or to simply dismiss any and all future criticism from the source and do what s/he pleases. Either way, the result is that those being criticized STOP trying to please those criticizing them.

There are stages to this process. Right now I would say that White America is in the Demoralized Stage. The goal of WN 2.0 must be to drag White America out of the Demoralized Stage to the Dismissive Stage ASAP.

What we must take from Kevin McDonald’s Culture of Critique is that its whole purpose was to make Whites less competitive. The Achilles Hell of the White race is our innate sense of hospitality to visitors. So, we bend over backwards to please them and try to make sure they have no complaints. Well, the Eternal Guest of the West realized that and used it to their own advantage. Thus the Culture of Critique with its incessant accusations of racism and Anti-Semitism. Too bad the immediate reaction wasn’t, “Well, it can’t be that bad, because you are still here. But there’s still time to make aliyah.” But it was what it was.

• Porter says:

Yours is a reasonable (and hopeful) position, though as I have asked others who have forwarded it: when do you expect the effect to manifest?

We’re into at least a second generation now and conspicuous white abasement sees a new apex daily.

I do not see additional criticism triggering an immune response. Only messages of pride, resistance, fellowship, and scorn for our traitors, dupes, and enemies are likely to have the desired effect on any large scale.

Clytemnestra,

Great points about the stages. If we are in the Demoralized Stage, in Kubler-Ross’s DABDA stages of grief, what would that be? Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance. (this doesn’t necesarily mean acceptance of being genocided; it could mean acceptance of having to turn and fight).

Of course different people are in different stages, but when the mass of the herd gets to acceptance, things start changing.

I would say we’re in the Depression stage, aka Demoralized as you say. Anger was doing stuff like assassinating the Left like they were in the 60’s. Bargaining through the 70’s and 80’s. The 90’s with rap music and whiggers saw the beginning of Demoralization.

I will be writing a post about my theory that the Chinese, being the Jews of Asia, have a form of open source Talmudism (Confucianism) that is more accessible than teh Talmud, more universal, and open source.

So the Chinese are giving away the deep dark secrets of the Jews — taking their proprietary source code, and making it public knowlewdge. The age of Revelations, after all, when that which was hidden becomes revealed.

Amy Chua’s books are open source Confucio-Talmudism. She is giving away the store, if we have the sense to take it.

• @Porter:

As soon as SWPL end up being critiqued, the “I’m Over It” or Dismissive phase of Critical Analysis kicks in. The constant squawking of Women of Color bit off more than it could chew recently when it attacked two pleasures of affluent White women with expendable time and disposable income. Notice that working class White women cannot afford to engage in such cultural appropriations, like yoga and belly-dancing.

When an Egyptian woman bitched about White women appropriating belly-dancing, she was attacked for her racism. Her attackers didn’t call her Anti-White, but it was implicit. Check out the average African American woman’s perception of yoga:

Yoga seems to exclude poor, full-bodied “women of color” by design. It may be a coincidence but more likely it is deliberate based on the widely divergent reasons “over which “women of color” get their panties into a twist:

Notice me! “At one of the Sunday evening classes, this instructor was talking us through a pose, walking around the room and assisting others, but I may as well have been invisible. As much as I wanted to shout “hey, don’t you see me struggling, can I get a little help, please?” I decided instead that I wouldn’t be going back to that bitch’s class.

Stop gawking at me! Jen Caron nee Polachek, an apologetic skinny White Yoga lady empathizes a little too much over the plight of a heavy-set Black woman obviously trying yoga for the first time. Now, I think a little white guilt is healthy–we should feel shitty about unearned privileges, and if you don’t, or don’t want to recognize or give up said privileges, then you’re an asshole. Jen Polachek, however, made it all about her personal pain. How she, as a “skinny white girl” was so traumatized by what she imagined a black woman was thinking about her.

The result inevitably ends up being this:

“I’ve entered these spaces and my first reaction is to run away as quickly as I can, but then I convince myself that I have just as much right to be there than all of the white, affluent, and indifferent women who flex their bodies in ways that only serve to intimidate anyone who may have to frequently modify their yoga poses.”

“But, generally, I’m tired of going to studio after studio where I cannot find a more pliable, more welcoming and more people of color presence. – “

ALL White people are sick and tired of tip-toeing around people of color who seem determined to find something to be offended about. The best recourse for Whites to do is to separate themselves from these people. Rich Whites, in particular, have found a way to price people of color out of their communities. Where they can’t avoid them, because various people of color have come up with the ready to crash communities that price them out, they use subtle non-verbal intimidation that just screech Implicit Whiteness to erect as gated personas to repel people of color from their communities.

People of color will tell you that they are far more frustrated by these Disingenuous White Liberals than the White working class, because, to paraphrase AmRen’s Jared Taylor, the purpose of a liberal education is to teach Whites how to talk to people of color while giving them the means to interact with them as little as possible. These people were weaned on Cultural Marxism, they make their living enforcing politically correct dictates on working class Whites. They know enough about White Guilt to give themselves plausible deniability. We could learn a lot from them, LOL.

• You just don’t get skinny white hipster asswipes, Rebecca. When a skiny white hipster asshole shows up in my yoga class, I always cry for them when I get back home, because I can pick up their waves of pretentiousness that choke me. It saddens me that we are faced with this cultural iceberg in hipster-normal people relations.

More proof that anti-hipster is just a code word for anti-white. The H-Word is just the N-Word for white people.

So, the white woman is criticized for “mind reading” the non-whites, but now this “jeweler” is “pick[ing] up their waves of pretentiousness” – in other words, mind reading. Doesn’t matter, either way, white = bad.

I couldn’t care less about fat black women and how they don’t feel comfortable in yoga classes full of skinny, bendy white women they are jealous of. But the white woman posing as feeling guilty over her whiteness – well, I suspect it’s humble-bragging, but either way.

Decolonizing yoga, really? Since when do Africans have any damn thing to do with yoga at all? An African in yoga class is cultural appropriation twice-over. BTW, many Indians consider themselves white and most Indians in America would rather hang out with white people than blacks.

Again, you can’t even parody this stuff it’s so absurd. Jealous black fatso complains about rich skinny attractive white women, while the skinny attractive white women pose as all sensitive like to the plight of fat blacks. You know, I like to think of myself as a clever boy, able to joke at these people, but this is just far beyond my comedic abilities. I give up.

That’s the term I was looking for!

• Mr. Rational says:

The H-Word is just the N-Word for white people.

Hey ma hipsta!  Whuz happnin?

11. Pingback: Liberals Attack Whites for Doing One Thing and Also Doing the Opposite: White Flight and Gentrification, Being Eurocentric and Appropriating Non-European Art Forms | ElderofZyklon's Blog!

12. Mr. Rational says:

Off-topic:  I just got into GreaseMonkey and created a script to remove the annoying sticky WordPress toolbar that it throws onto the top of every window.  Use this to take your window back from WordPress!

You have to name mindweaponsinragnarok.com/* in the list of included pages to make it work.

// ==UserScript==
    // @name WordPress.com Bar Remover
    // @description Removes the WordPress.com upper navigation bar
    // @include http://*wordpress.com/*
    // @grant GM_addStyle
    // ==/UserScript==

removeBar();

function removeBar()
    {
    GM_addStyle(“#wpcombar {display: none;}”);
    GM_addStyle(“#wpadminbar {display: none;}”);
    GM_addStyle(“body {padding-top: 0;}”)
    }

13. @Porter

As soon as people of color show signs of moving beyond the issue of just race itself and start attacking class behavior, i.e. start directing their grievances more against their Disingenuous White Liberal benefactors than your average White working class Joe or Jane who lives in a neighborhood that is comparable or even less affluent than their own.

It is already happening now with women of color getting their panties in a twist over the “cultural appropriation” of yoga and belly dancing. These classes can only be attended by women who have lots of free time and expendable income. This very post covers the backlash unleashed by an Egyptian “woman of color” bitching about belly dancing. She’s being accused of being the racial supremacist.

The fruit of the lower branches of the tree has already been pretty much picked clean by “social justice activists” like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and it’s time to climb higher. Your average Disingenuous White Liberal was all ready to carry the banner for social justice when it came to forcing integration and bussing and even income distribution on conservative Southern Christian Republicans.

There is a reason why we’re currently at Peak Negro and Peak Jew. The Anti-White polices that were enacted by FedGov and enforced by liberals themselves are beginning to affect the liberals themselves, because empathy to the plight of people of color is no longer enough. Don’t believe me, just google “insufferable white lady has a nervous breakdown over a black woman in her yoga class” and watch black women’s heads explode. IOW, They. Want. More.

We are entering the last phase of Cultural Criticism right now. And it’s not the Cold Steel and Hot Lead Scenario envisioned by White Nationalism 1.0 (unless FedGov resorts to Hard Power) but the I’m Over It, So Get Over It Reality presented by whoever’s White Ox is being gored by “social justice activists” at any given moment. Folks like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are about to play with Whites who know how to play hardball, because they weaned on Cutural Marxism and are experts at giving themselves plausible deniability. Fun days ahead. Just watch and wait.

Very interesting Cly. For some reason your last post was in moderation so I approved it.

Let them have their conflicts. The WN 2.0 Market Dominant Minority Movement is our path ahead. They won’t see us coming.

14. clytemnestra57 says:

Sorry. I thought my original post did not take and re-wrote it, LOL.